Pitch a show
Please be advised that we receive a lot of proposals and we also generate ideas for television shows and ideas for our other outlets internally. Consequently, there may be a lot of proposals that might cover similar territory or in some cases appear almost identical.
We ask that you read the terms and conditions of pitching to us below prior to sending us the pitch. By continuing and sending us your pitch, you agree to the terms and conditions.
Terms & Conditions of Pitching
By accepting the terms and submitting by continuing to email your pitch, you acknowledge and agree that:
1. You are at least 18 years of age.
2. You are submitting an original idea that you wholly own to Bear World Media Inc, as opposed to any other entity.
3. Bear World Media Inc has received, and will in the future receive, numerous proposals from third parties.
4. Bear World Media Inc is developing proposals in-house.
5. Bear World Media Inc may already have been working on, prior to its receipt of your submission, another concept(s) similar to yours.
6. You agree that you will not be entitled to any compensation if Bear World Media Inc exploits an idea similar or identical to your submission that it has either developed internally or acquired from another third party. You also agree that Bear World Media Inc might develop or acquire a similar idea to yours in the future, and in that case you will not be entitled to compensation.
7. With respect to your submission, Bear World Media Inc is not obligated to exploit your idea. If Bear World Media Inc wishes to exploit your idea, we must first enter into a formal, binding, written contract governing Bear World Media Inc’s exploitation of the submission and the compensation to be payable to you as a result of such exploitation.
8. You understand that materials sent to Bear World Media Inc will not be returned, and you agree to retain at least one copy of said material, and you release Bear World Media Inc from any liability of loss of, or damage to, the copies of the material submitted by you hereunder.
9. Any dispute that may arise between you and Bear World Media Inc shall be resolved by binding confidential arbitration conducted in New York City, and administered by JAMS in accordance with the Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures of JAMS or subsequent versions thereof, including the optional appeal procedure (the “JAMS Rules”, available at www.jamsadr.com, and the rules providing for limited discovery and other exchange of information). The JAMS Rules for selection of an arbitrator shall be followed, except that the arbitrator shall be experienced in the entertainment industry and licensed to practice law in New York State or a retired judge. The prevailing party in any such arbitration shall be entitled to recover, in addition to any award, reasonable attorneys’ fees in connection therewith.